Monday, June 01, 2020

Letters to different lovers


It was your smile that captured me
you looked like a little boy
when we made love
so horror horror - did I fable
that you were younger than that
or maybe I portrayed myself
as a young chick -

It was your hands that grabbed me
you were greedy as the protagonist
we made love
so I knew you just used me
and you never felt what I did
and at that time
I was a young girl

It was your story- telling that hit me
you were my guide to poetry
we made love
my soul mate - you proposed
several instanc es
I couldn't  because
I was a young woman

It was your gentleness that got to me
you  - my husband of many years
you treat me like a queen
we have seen a lot together
Eluding you the first time
I urged you to say yes
and I was younger

It was your kindness that drew me
you were my dancing partner
we made love
we  fun-chase seriously
with music and summers
in spite wintry-weather times
I  still feel young 

No comments: