Friday, June 19, 2020

Juneteenth

I am no poet
and not even a wordsmith
but I am an angry old lady
maybe only a broad
because why on earth
does stupidity reign supreme
in this land  of the "free"
No one is ever free of anything
except the nihilists
and even a so-called denier
is not alone in the society
Maybe I am not as good
as I should be but - fuck -
nobody is - it is the human
in us all

I am no bard
and not even a lyricist
but I am an enraged old gal
perhaps only a dame
furious at why the youngsters do
not rebel more
in the land of the free
I am white European with a
privilege that I did not know
I had - having a visible handicap
so whatever bla bla bla
Not as supportive as I could be
trying harder
but nobody is - it is the the biped
in us all

But just because
I am no singer I squeal
that black lives matter
yellow/red /blue/brown
mixed with genes
all lives matter
learning to hate comes early
history or not be damned
"a damsel in distress"
in Central Park will
not excuse her behavior
nor will any police violence
be accepted -  this so-called
country of the "Free" is
not free at all.


No comments: