Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Evergreens' envy

The songs of love ballad writers
are surprisingly melodic and bold
a treasure trove of embracing words
of wisdom of life to behold.

Rhyming flawlessly and true
makes me admire Ebb Porter Gershwin
and all the rest of their associates
- about that love for us to sing.

Wordsmiths and composers both
enjoy playing notes with imagery
love and lust in disguise - time again -
glows with a  perfect delivery.

My evergreen of love shall expand
to forgo anything but lust for life
to live like there is no tomorrow
which dancing in the street invite.

The thrills shall be my hope forever
that I embrace their ideas of rhyme
they did it then I do it now with love
ballads last till the end of time.

Alas my verses are not quite there
they seem to haltingly defy my joy
for writing a true song of endless love
my passion cannot be destroyed.


No comments: