Saturday, February 26, 2011

A firebrand bloody day

Went to the Met in the movies
today - enjoyed Iphigenia in Tauride
with two singers who sacrificed
everything for their art
their health and their voices,
but even when they should have cancelled
they said we are singing
smeared in blood!
Iphigenia is about sacrifice
and they embodied that feat.

Tonight after walking my dog
and chatting with my neighbor
who also has dogs - she recommended
two movies - that's what we are getting
tonight - home away from everybody.
We are flying to Sweden - accordingly.
But the best thing today was in the morn
where I went shopping with my daughter
I am grateful that she let me go with her.

An evening before this full day
my youngest let me partake in his dinner
for his friends - but sadly only one
came and devoured - so I guess
we were the family suppport.
Sometimes it is not that bad
after all - blood! As we are about to see!
Art on the scene - art on the screen
does it matter where art shows up/
I say it does not - cause every day
or embracing living is an art -
with your life as a token - at stake!

No comments: