Wednesday, September 27, 2006

To my unborn grandson!

Laden with love and curiosity
a child conceived in lust
a baby grown in mother love
the father will have to share
his thrilling deed of must.

This is a beautiful earth
if you comply within the norms
you will teach two people
to share - to make ends meet
you will become the waging storm.

What burden you have, little one,
you just don't know it at all -
you shall sleep, suck, and poop
you shall smile and observe
you shall smell the world's wall.

You have such potential, wee one,
you will enter the realm of humanity
and that , my grandson, is not all fun
you will see for yourself one day
you will like me ask, why? Insanity?

So if I could wish something for you
of substance of help along your way
keep goodness and gentleness close
make loads of friends - be kind
be true to yourself - that's my say.

No comments: