Saturday, February 06, 2021

Only here

 Only here within these pages
Can I breathe freely and think
Whatever comes to mind
While the words froth wildly
And the waves from the cells
Burst into tears or foam  madly
Laughing joined with ecstasy 

Only with words of preying
On my innards at nighttime 
Abhorring  the dullest suburban 
Life of an old unwise woman 
Outside and inside my soul
My body’s rebellious act
Ironically I am younger today

Speedily time will count hours
So my lightheartedness drowns
And I will due at the spreading
Of my ashes cooled by the sea
Albeit ere I go life will take 
Another turn - clapping dancing
Winds of the wild soul prevail

Only freedom of imagination 
On an unknown itinerant psyche
Stylistically as always searching 
For the absolute phraseology 
It is the amalgamation of quiet
Deep and daring sadly hemmed in
By obligations and alas acceptance

No comments: