Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Dear doomsday

It is 10 years ago almost 
to the day today 
You died my Aussie poet!
Sending me a feeling 
From afar - are you?
It was never ment to be
You and I
But your letters - beauties
To receive to read
To behold to burn
In my memory’s lane
They are there - sad Joel!
You were never truly
À contented consciously
Happy wholesome man.
Could I have made
You the poet person 
You wanted to become?
- I think not -
You were much better off 
With your raging redhead
And she loved you -
Could not reach you
Completely and
Dreamer that you were
You must have kept
Me in a quiet corner
Of your poetic pathway!
Because I know
You are still with me
Today your presence
Is so strong
I had to write about
Our dear domesday 
When you ceased
To breathe and birthe!
the Aussie dreaming
part of my youthful brain
thank you for reminding 
Me that you and I 
Have an unbroken light
Rekindling forever
Or at least until


I stop living as well!

No comments: