Saturday, July 12, 2014

Remembrance

Childhood somewhere north
memories brought forth
during a week's holiday

Girlfriend is my sister
the best I could wish for
the view: a sound of sea

We heard jazz and saw sun
with her brother - just fun
just what I dreamt of

A Monday in town - jazz
discussed life's razzmatazz
two fates without sex

A mild day a mature woman
new abode and talk to bosom
ending at a museum

Wild meeting in town at noon
lunch and chat - balloons
flying - moving along

Dinner that night two fates
a birthday's dinner with updates
walking on the beach

A new old town - picked up
two friends - not dixie cups
a sure memory lane drive

Later that night fun newbies
shown their abode - a true ruby
chat chat half the night

Return to girlfriend - biked
around the old place - hiked
up her father and family

A Saturday in jazz again
that ended in pouring rain
but we heard the music

Sunday now so quiet and gray
it will be my final full day
in the old memory lane

Still I shall meet another lady
middle years uncovered shaky
under the sky in clouds

Tomorrow I shall return to where
my choice is - a new life - aware
the jump has been made.



No comments: