Monday, October 18, 2010

The mysterious progeny

My youngest child is a reader
he is an avid young male
where as I am your average matron
alas, that is how he sees me
whereas I as of the baby boomer's
wild and know-it-all generation
think that I am just right
that I can do whatever I want
(within my economical sphere).
Heaven help me
if I even mention the matronly name
I have never been a lady,
in my generation they are few and far...
We share the same political views
why else would he be my son?
But apart from that he is
a mysterious androgen
like my own paternal donor.
If I did not know it
I would think I, for sure, have given
birth to my own father,
except for one thing
the progeny of mine reads, reads, reads.
(Something my father never did
maybe he couldn't???)
I am truly amazed at the blend
of humanity, and egotistical verve
of my youngest - blessed with
one feature
charm.

(A mother's musing)

No comments: