Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why

Why here - granny?
Why not with us or your love somewhere else?
Why in this odd little place?
it is just a village somewhere
in the country called France.
I am living in Melbourne Australia
Farmor - and I dare ask - why?

Alexander - all brilliant questions
but you know what - grand son of mine
so far away - loved firstborn of my firstborn

This little life is truly mine
and nobody else's - I can talk or not
I can walk or not
and often in the evening I listen to opera
- and reminiscence of a certain time
when I learnt to appreciate this art form
especially tenors
my Spanish uncle introduced me to Placido
in the early seventies ...

Why does Farfar let me go?
I tell you - it is true love and freedom
and therefore I am faithfully happy.

These summers alone gives me joy
and I learn to cope with life alone
because grandson of mine
my mother told me when fairly young
that a person is always alone
She did never elaborate
so I had to realize that loneliness
which most people fear and hate
or feeling lost is being human
overcoming that - you get stronger
so when one day you and yours sibs
are old enough to read some of these
little scribbles - left for you
you may realize - that
old silly Farmor was right
- being alone is a gift
but you just have to appreciate it
in the manner to which it was intended.

If you can combat loneliness
then you as a person can do anything!
and calm in my body and soul
I am ready to tackle the world
I have recharged my dead batteries!

No comments: