Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stressors and lessors

Why do some people stay calm
and why do others worry?
To some rap music is balm
others their tempers flurry!
Could I trade my jarring humor
for a phlegmatic dudette
or a sanguine cool boomer
instead of feeling cold sweat
run down my spine every time
whatever hits my sole note
bangs my front like creeping thyme
sends fragrant torpedo boats
upsetting my inner press?
Yes, I would prefer relief
of my mind's running and suppress
what stresses me out - massif
soothing - ethereal surf
surrounding my endorphins
making me play like a smurf
on an Amati violin
to be free of what makes me
tumble my headstrong notions
in my being's bourgeoisie:
rethink my makeup's potions
without lessors and stressors
and bothersome whatevers
I would be an oppressor
renouncing me forever.

No comments: