Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stories from home...

Washing machine
not pumping out
what to do?
Hubby away.
The water stands still -
I look at it -
try to pump out
several times
jerking the knots
of the machine -
Conclusion:
the pump seems to work fine
but the remaining water
still standing
grins at me.
Hubby's advice,
"buy a new or wait for me."
Not a viable solution for
the at-home-wife.

Hmm, back in the mist of
my school career of physics
I remember the vessels
of communication.
Told my daughter and found
a plastic tube long enough
to use for this experiment.

My practical progeny
took over and did the feat
without grumbling.
But when the last water
was almost gone
she caught a cup
started to scoop!
----
Sadly dawning on me
it would have been
so much faster?!!
And the thought never
even occured to me!
----
We laughed and I promised
her - not a rose garden -
only a cup of nice coffee...

No comments: